Wednesday, June 25, 2008

baby hammock

Sometimes I forget that flickr is not the be-all, end-all of photo-sharing and photo-appreciation. I say this because I got rejected from a group called Quality over Quantity. Now, I didn't spend over $15,000 in other peoples money to not know what makes a good photograph which is to say that I know my stuff is good and moreso, that many of the photos in this group are not, in the least, above-mediocre images. Although, I am not trying to say that there is no art like my art is art. There are plenty of people who downright mop the floor with me in all areas aesthetic and technical.

Anyway, my first reaction is not happy, but like I mentioned, flickr, while being invaluable with the amount of technical information it contains, is not a fine-art-centered community no matter how moderated and pretentious their groups may be. So, I now know how ridiculous it is to let that bother me. That being said, my group is awesome. BTW, this is the photo that got turned down:

All's Quiet on the Front Lawn

Rant Over.

No comments: