Wednesday, December 19, 2007

If you have seen Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, then you may be familiar with the scene where Veronica Corningstone (Christina Applegate) gets pushed into the bear pit at the zoo, and she sees the bears and wanting to not wake them, lets out a near-silent "Heeelp!" This is quite similar to the reaction I had when my mother dragged me to Southern Traditions, a store in Olive Branch, about a week ago. Thomas Kincaid, porcelain angels, naked-men-who-I-assume-were-supposed-to-be-Indians-riding-horseback-holding-guns bronze statuettes - these are the things that prompted my inaudible "Heeelp!" that day.

The one set of porcelain nicnacks that actually had a somewhat unique style was the one thing in the store that freaked my mom out. They were faceless people and angels thus relying soley on body language to convey meaning/emotion. I found this humorous.

So, yeah. If you are not happy with your store-full-of-crap and you want some of that faux-small town flair, then mosey on down to the O.B. They are sure to have something overpriced for you!

Bokeh Stuff Auitumn and Wasting Time
Bucket of Pecans
Shelling Pecans Just Ruined Angel Playing Flute To No One (Yashica version)

No comments: