Saturday, December 22, 2007

When I Watch You...

Tara had a birthday get-together tonight at the Young Avenue Deli. At first, it looked to be the norm for a social gathering of 5 or more people. Even when it's around people I know very well, I tend to say hardly anything both for lack of trying and for lack of inclusion (I'm not really THAT shy). But this did not remain the case as I conversed at great length with Maggie and James. This happened the last time I saw these two which was a good while now - about a year. If that wasn't enough, Edward's girlfriend, Lynn, coincidentally showed up, and we also talked for a bit. This is to say I was having quite a pleasant time with no disrespect meant towards the actual "party" (they were having plenty of fun and alcohol without me). I am capable of chitchatting with the best of them, but I suppose it's much easier to relate to/talk to fellow artists/musicians.

As the night turned into morning, I went to play a Mike Dees show at the Hard Rock Cafe downtown. It was pretty cool. I was very smitten with a waitress there who looked like a Brittany Murphy auditioning for the role of Popeye complete with forearm anchor tattoo. Usually, I am immune to short, blonde hair and bubbly, waitress-like personality, but this morning there was no such luck. This infatuation isn't terminal, but I thought it was worth mentioning given her very distinct appearance if nothing else. Anyway, after the hoard of Egypt Central groupies left, 15 minutes of real pop, real rock ensued. Now, the employees of the Hard Rock Cafe know what it's like to have "For the Birds" super-glued to their brain. So, all in all, I rather enjoyed myself tonight.

Schnikt!

Wolvie Backside

Colorless Christmas lights in the front yard:

Front Yard Lights

Chipmunk.
Chipskunk.
I am debating answering every call I receive with "What's up, crack whore?"

1 comment:

chrishaley said...

That Wolverine shot is beautiful.
Go get a job at ToyFare already.