Monday, October 1, 2007

Concrete And Blue, Heartache Or Party

So, I saw these concrete things and became inspired enough to turn around. This film I used was Great Moments (which I assume is a knock-off of Kodak via its similar canister). I bought four rolls of the stuff at a gas station for $2. I didn't have any kind of professional expectations for this film, but being that it was expired and stored in a fairly improper environment for who knows how long, I did hope to see some wacky-ness happen. But alas:

Concrete and Growth

Concrete In A Row

Concrete

I even went a step further to abuse this film and had it pushed to ISO800 (warning: photonerd alert). Ah, well, I dig these shots regardless. I also shot some Fuji slide film called Provia (for those not film-inclined), and for the most part, I gotta say that I wasn't too impressed. It could have been that I used a different camera, or I didn't use this film in it's most profitable setting, but Velvia is the winner thus far. Anyway, I said all that to not post any of these pictures from that roll in this post (although the first two in the last post were from the Provia). These two shots were from Kodak Portra 400VC which I have had subpar results with as well (as far as negative film, Portra NC is what I like best). Blah, blah. Photo-babble, blah, blah:

Feeling The Wind

He Works And Occasionally, Chills

Oh, and just in case you were wondering, the photos of my Mom in the hospital in a previous post were from about a month ago, and she is currently doing fine. She had some gastro-condition which prevents her from eating things like peanuts, corn, etc. It acted up (she may have eaten something she shouldn't have), but it is all better now.

No comments: