Monday, October 29, 2007

The Eyes Are The Groin Of The Head

I was going to go into detail about the Ben Harper show and how not amazing it was, but I kind of lost steam. I love Ben Harper (although I have barely heard the new record), but the show was very lack-luster. By saying this, I am even factoring out the fact that he played "Use Me" which, let's face it, is a song that is covered by probably 90% of the local cover bands and the last thing I want to hear any band play ever. Even with that out of the picture, it still didn't have the bite that I remember when I saw him the first time. To say nothing of the fact that the Orpheum is a terrible place to see a rock show. It is pretty, but when you can hear the conversation (MUCH conversation) of the people around you more plainly than you can hear the band, this is not a good sign.

I am not saying that there weren't moments of brilliance because there were. In midshow, he played a long instrumental which was beautiful, but even more than that, the crowd actually shut up for a few minutes. All I can say is that I am glad it was free.

There. Aren't you glad I condensed this down to a small paragraph (and a half)? Had I been overly motivated, it would have been much longer, and a much bigger waste of everyone's time. Anyway, in case you people haven't noticed, I have added The Official Website of Jeffrey Combs to my links to the right. You will probably soon see this picture on there:

Jeffrey Combs

I wrote a some words a couple of posts down about my time in Little Rock and getting to meet, not only Jeff Combs, but this guy:

Michael Graves

And to top it all off, I found out that the Norse god of thunder is taken:

Thor and His Lady

Sorry, ladies. Well, I suppose that will be all for the time being. Hopefully, I'll be getting to use my plastic Big Shot camera soon. Oh, and pretty, pretty trees/moon/houses/night/stars picture pretty, pretty.

Down The Street

3 comments:

friendmst said...

I really like the street scene with the pretty sky. I'm interested in possibly using it as (back or inside)cover art for an album i'm working on. Contact me at friend(at)gmail.com

-Brian

friendmst said...

sorry, that's friendmst(at)gmail.com

friendmst said...

Still interested. friendmst@gmail.com

i understand if you're not interested.

:)